Tha famous daya river

Thursday, December 24, 2009

A Tribute To 26/11

This is a poem I wrote last year around the same time..wanted to post this for long..so here it goes....

I Am 26.11.2008 A Date In The Calendar Speaking!!!

I Lived
I Lived to tell the tale
The tale of loss, pain, suffering
of madness and hearts going pale.

I Witnessed
I witnessed the horror and sorrow
Dreams charred to ashes and no happiness to borrow.

I Suffered
The pain of the inconsolable child losing mother
The people turning to the morgues in the hope of finding another.
Their lives turned, bruted and mangled by terror.

I Breathed
I breathed the air of hopelessness, pity and gloom
Saw the innocents left to suffer in doom.
They came prepared to kill, maim and attack.
Etch the day in all our hearts with ink of black.

But I Fought
I fought the nightmare and the night
Courage in my vein with valour and might
Made sure that morning next meets a new hope of light.

I Bowed
I bowed to the heroes who smiled even in dying situation
We lost Karkare, Unnikrishnan, tamble and many others made it to the list
But they taught the world how we tame the unruly beast.

I Stand
I stand tall with my head held high
Not coz I am a date in time people shall remember with sigh
But the day saw humanity and compassion win over evil intention
I salute the day coz it turned a country into a proud nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment